We are hiring!
SENIOR PR ACCOUNT MANAGER: AFRICA
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
About the role
Africa Communications Group (ACG) has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager (AM) to join our team of Africa experts. We need a person with a collaboration-mindset, strong account management skills, tactical planning and digital/social skills to help support a wide variety of clients. He/she will be expected to deliver tactical input while providing daily management services to clients. Additionally, to perform the roll of a hub coordinator for clients based outside of South Africa.
- Develop and maintain a close and productive relationship with key client contacts, acting with integrity at all times
- Identify and deal with problems as they arise, appreciating when it is appropriate to involve or notify senior executives of the issues on hand
- Provide day to day contact with key client contacts and manage any team members working on the account, e.g., social, digital or design
- Provide day to day contact with key media and manage
- Ensure client requests are dealt with promptly and that expectations are managed in terms of speed, delivery and quality of response – a response time of 3hrs is the expectation
- Ensure client requests are developed into internal briefs using specified Agency documentation, procedures, as appropriate
- Manage all jobs to ensure they are scheduled on time and to budget and are monitored using appropriate admin procedures
- Ensure the issuing and distribution of regular ‘work in progress’ reports
- Ensure contact reports of key meetings and telephone conversations are issued within 24 – 48 hours
- Ensure that client monthly reports are delivered within the time frame according to the contract e.g. Within 5 working days after the last day of the month
- Ensure research and background information is prepared for briefs/ pitches/ presentations
- Develop a thorough understanding of client’s business
- Daily media monitoring with a purpose – proactive suggestions to client
- Understand the scope of work in order to execute according to the agreed timeline
- Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for in country partners and clients
- Compile and manage project plans for each individual client project
- Ensure content is drafted according to key messages and client requirements
- Be able to understand and use the media/bloggers/influencers that are relevant to our clients
- Keep up to date about the movement of relevant journalists and the changes in the media environment and make the necessary updates on relevant media lists
Understand and Support the Agency
- Understand ACG’s business and ACG’s service offerings in Africa
- Understand and use any of ACG proprietary tools
- Ensure appropriate admin/briefing/scheduling procedures required by the Agency are adhered to at all times
- Understand Agency financial management systems and terms of business for client accounts
- Understand the contract deliverables per client and tightly manage output
- Setup processes and templates used for of client reporting e.g., Monthly/weekly reports etc.
- Understand the agency filing system and file.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree or diploma in journalism, media studies, public relations or marketing
- 3-4 years’ broad experience in PR and possible experience working on cross continental accounts
- Demonstrable experience of working in key PR and marketing disciplines
- Have a sound knowledge/experience of working with in country partners throughout Africa
- Have a good understanding with experience of all new media platforms – digital/social skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Previous team management experience
- PC literate
- Experience of dealing with clients & colleagues at senior/executive level
- Advanced presentation skills
- Excellent team management experience
How to apply
Send your CV and a brief cover letter to :
Subject line: Application- Senior Account Manager
If no response is received after two weeks, please assume that the application was not successful.
Thank you for your interest in joining the ACG team.