We are hiring!
Graphic & Web Designer (Mid)
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. Working under the Digital Marketing Lead, as a Graphic & Web Designer, your primary role will be to create visual and graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. Your activities will shape the visual aspects of websites, digital content, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more.
You will need ensure that our clients’ desired messaging and image are conveyed to consumers in a consistent and high-quality manner. The graphic designer will be responsible for the overall visual aspects of an advertising and media campaign, and related content.
The graphic designer will need to also understand website design, as well SEO. You need to be able to create SEO compliant sites that can be crawled faster and easier by search engines.
Your graphics should capture the attention of and communicate the right message to target audiences. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate brand requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we would like to meet you.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software
- Work with copywriters, social media managers and Digital Marketing Lead to produce final designs
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Understand and execute web design
- Understand SEO
- University degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Team Player with an entrepreneurial mind set
- 2-5 years working experience, salary market related. Preferably SA citizen.
How to apply
Send your CV and a brief cover letter to :
Subject line: Application- Graphic and Web Designer
If no response is received after two weeks, please assume that the application was not successful.
Thank you for your interest in joining the ACG team.