We are hiring!
Client Service Director
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
About Africa Communications Media Group
Africa Communications Media Group (ACG) is the first African- owned, pan-African communications agency, and a partner to private, public and non-profit sector local, continental and global clients operating in the African context. We provide the expertise, support and tools for organizations globally to develop and share their narratives in Africa in a culturally-attuned manner and with measurable impact. Our strategies are based on research, insights and an authentic understanding of the markets in which our clients operate.
- Integrity: We keep our promises and see our deliverables through from concept to completion, on time and within budget, cementing lasting relationships with stakeholders along the way. We work for the best interests of our clients. We have an insatiable need to position our clients’ stories within Africa’s development and conversational landscape.
- Innovation: We are always looking for fresh and innovative ways to tell our clients’ stories to enable them to be more impactful. We are change-makers and not satisfied with the status quo. We are problem solvers.
- Excellence: We are a passionate, hard-working team. When our clients shine, we shine. We understand the complexities of the environment in which our clients work and position ourselves to support them with excellence.
We are headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, and we work in all 54 countries on the continent.
About the role
To provide overall client service management on a portfolio of clients including developing communications strategies, quality control, business development, team supervision and coordination of day-to-day client projects on time, to a high quality level and within budget.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Full understanding of client industry and client requirements
- Overall delivery of client briefs through active team management
- Pro-actively addressing clients’ needs
- Ensuring effective response rate to client requests and requirements
- Through close relationships with client, continuously provide input into the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any directional change to the team
- Drafting of proposals, action and roll-out plans for submission to client
- Full understanding of the ACG systems and templates and the management of day to day activity relating to client account
- Setting up and management of team systems
- Generation of effective team status reports
- Generation of effective monthly team reports for submission to client
- Weekly status meetings with team and clients
- Adaptation of systems and relevance to client requirements and needs
- Drafting and submission of review documents following each and every campaign implemented on behalf of the client, including activity and coverage reports, and development of case studies at the end of client engagement
- Ability to trouble shoot and actively and proactively resolve client (and team-related) disputes, issues, complaints
- Drive client service excellence in the team
- Ensure clients have full knowledge and access to our range of services
- Seek opportunities to develop more business with client accounts, selling additional services whenever possible and relevant
- Pro-active identification of opportunities and growth of existing business
- Pro-active identification of and securing new business opportunities
- To manage the income for all clients maximizing profit at all times
- Compile an effective and accurate budget on submission to client
- Ability to manage this budget to ensure that campaigns come in on brief and on budget and meet the profitability anticipated
- Ability to alert clients (and accounts) and identify areas where costs will be outside of what has been agreed and pro-actively address this issue with clients
- Ability to negotiate and get the best out of suppliers
- To monitor all billings procedures carried out by the accounts team and to alert management promptly to any likely changes to billing and income or any potential write-offs or extra costs incurred
- Ensure invoicing and financial administration is of a high standard
- Drive excellence in financial management through the team
- Ongoing management and negotiation of supplier costs
- Ultimately responsibility for final supplier costs and client reconciliations
- To manage the performance of account team and any other direct business reports pro-actively, sensitively and positively
- To effectively delegate and manage team implementation
- To manage level of team implementation and client interaction
- To coach and mentor individuals in order to develop the skills and talent that exist within the agency
- Create clear development plans and review processes for your account teams in line with business and individual needs
- Build respect and loyal commitment of account team
- To actively support and involve team members at the appropriate time to resolve business issues, conflict or client needs
- Full operational understanding, ability to develop and implement the following services offered by ACG:
- Ability to draft and present project level strategies proactively or off a client brief and ability to draft and present small, medium and large account campaign strategy
- Drafting and implementation of full media campaign across corporate, and brand communication
- Ongoing building and maintaining of media relationships
- Ability to implement and interpret media analysis
- Drafting and project management of small, medium and large events
- Drafting and project management of small, medium and large campaigns
- Implementation of brand and media campaigns
- Management of all production elements across print and electronic e.g. brochures, video productions, digital executions, flyers etc
- Strong management and drafting of client content (research, writing, editing)
- Ongoing generation of innovative and creative ideas in line with client strategy
- Fully integrated understanding of 360 degree communications offering and specifically how Public Relations fits into this and how it can be used to amplify, leverage and build credibility for clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, nurture and grow relationships over the long term, and to effectively manage differences of opinion and approach
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders across a variety of geographies and skillsets, and drive them towards a specific goal and vision with measurable milestones
- The ability to work independently and with a team, producing tangible results
- Looking for a long-term opportunity to grow professionally with a team of pioneers and innovators in the communications space.
- Ability to manage large accounts and fully integrated campaigns / events
- Identification, briefing and management of supplier base
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Bilingual- English and French preferred but not required.
- At least 10 years public relations experience
- Have proven experience as a Client Service Director with variety of account groups, large accounts and campaign experience (min. 2 years)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Reporting and relationships
- Reports into an CEO
- Relationships and sharing
How to apply
Send cover letter detailing suitability for this role and alignment to our values. Include most up-to-date CV.
If no response is received after two weeks, please assume that the application was not successful.
Thank you for your interest in joining the ACG team.