Who We Are
Africa Communications Media Group (ACG) is the first African- owned, pan-African communications agency, and a partner to private, public and non-profit sector local, continental and global clients operating in the African context. With over 30 years of combined communications experience in Africa, ACG focuses on complete and culturally-attuned communications services. Our strategies are based on research, insights and intelligence, an authentic understanding of the markets in which our clients operate. ACG is headquartered in South Africa and works across the continent. The agency provides the full suite of communications and reputation management services, including media relations, crisis management, digital media (including social media and community management), thought leadership development, and content production.
What We Do
ACG is passionate about helping our clients tell their African stories. Our business model centres on research, innovation, keen insight; and a genuine understanding of the complex and beautiful African business environment. ACG understands complex and competitive African markets, and we design our solutions to meet these communication environments while upholding clients’ priority needs and business goals. This winning formula is the driving force behind our successful campaigns, and the reason we are recognised as industry leaders and expert storytellers.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer or CEO to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company.
You will be the first in command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating and enabling the execution of a vision for success.
To thrive as a CEO, you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. You would be aware and curious about current technology, communication and global sociopolitical trends. You will take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective. An understanding of the complex dynamics of Africa is a must, international exposure is ideal, and a passion for the continent’s growth and development would mean you understand our core philosophy. The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with shortterm and long-term objectives, including expanding the agency’s reach in Africa and in other markets, especially the US;
- Lead the implementation of above strategies and plans with measurable outputs;
- Develop innovative strategies to ensure the agency is ahead of the curve in terms of its products and services in a competitive industry landscape;
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team;
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits;
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics;
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements;
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders;
- Lead the creation and management of the agency’s Advisory Board;
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth;
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
- Proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position;
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision;
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles;
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.;
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills;
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills;
- A keen understanding of African markets and a network on the continent;
- International exposure and a global viewpoint;
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field.
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.